June 12, 2011

Picasa Integration in ASP.NET not working on Godaddy Shared Hositng because of System.Security.SecurityException

How to integrate Picasa gallery in ASP.NET you can read below posts
http://www.dotnetissues.com/2011/02/picasa-integration-in-aspnet-part1.html

When I Uploaded Picasa Integrated ASP.NET Application i got the following error.


System.Security.SecurityException: That assembly does not allow 
partially trusted callers.



I have a Google DLL that I am using  on my website to access 
 Google Picasa Gallery , I have it in my bin directory 


The problem is below dll 's I m referring doesn't allow Partial Trust level 
Google.GData.Client.dll
Google.GData.Extensions.dll
Google.GData.Photos.dll
( I have downlaoded it from this link http://code.google.com/apis/picasaweb/code.html)

I tried to change the Trust level in web.config file.
but as I am using Godaddy shared hosting they have blocked that setting , we can not update trust
level on godaddy shared hosting .


Then I searched a bit and found a hack , I found that BlogEngine has a feature which integrates your 
BlogEngine web Site to Picasa gallery.


So instead of using above three dll's ,I downlaoded these same dll's from the below link
which has AllowPartialTrust Attribure already set
http://rtur.net/blog/post/2011/01/04/Picasa-and-PrettyPhoto-updated-for-BlogEngineNET-20.aspx

I downloaded Picasa2.zip from here , It has all 3 above dll mentioned

Now in My Picasa Integrated application I deleted the references of previous dll's and added the new
eferences , compiled App , Published App, Uploaded it on Godaddy , and it worked





No comments:

Post a Comment