June 3, 2011

Ran Out Of Database Space On Godaddy Shared Hosting

I was hosting Nopcommerce On Godaddy server for a client , one day client was trying to upload pictures and got the following error

Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.Nop_Picture'.'Nop_Picture_PK' in database 'nopcomm14demo' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup


The above error occurred because Godaddy has maximum DB space limit  of 1GB and client exceeded that I called Godaddy support, wanted to get a solution from them, asked them to charge extra money and provide more DB Space but they said ,they can't do it on the shared hosting server.




I decided to move the DB with Database Mart.
So first I took the Back Of Database from the Godaddy. 
To  take DB BackUp 
1.) Login to Godaddy A/c 
2.)Go to SqlServer Databases 
3.) click on edit/View Details for your DB




4.) click on BackUp Option


5.) Set Backup folder and Click Ok




6.) Processing Will start but it takes 2-3 hours 


7.) Now Connect to your a/c with FTP client and Download that Database Back Up file on your local hardrive .




8.) Now  I restored this DB On my local machine 


      1.) Login to your Local Sql Server 
      2.) Right click on Databases , clcik On Restore
     3.) Provide new Database Name 
     4.) Select the option From Device , and click the button near to that option



                 5.) It will open up the option to add your .back file , Add the file location , Give file name , Click OK


                   6.) Restoring will be started and After some time Database will be available to the local Machine


9.) Now I have to Export this Data In DatabaseMart Server


10.) I logged on Remotely to that Database Mart Server


11.)Executed NopCommerce script to create the Database.


12) Now I have to Export Data from my machine to there


13) Use Import/Export Wizard 
         1.) Right Click on the Empty DB on Remote Server 
        2.) Go to Tasks--->Import Data


               3.) Follow Wizard steps Choose Local (Source)DB Name , and Select the Database from which you want to export the data.Click Next


             4.)Enter the Destination DB Information 


                 5.) Select Copy Data from Table Option


                      6.) Choose the table you want to Import 


                    7.) Click Edit Mapping and  Check 'Enable identity insert'                                          (http://www.dotnetissues.com/search/label/Import%2FExport%20Wizard%20Sql%20server)


                   8.) Click Ok 


                   9.) Processing will be started ,It takes time as Nop_Picture table has binary data for the image


                  10.) Now Database has been restored on the new server which is providing me 4 GB space




Now  My Databas is on DatabaseMart  server but still the Application is hosted on Godaddy.
I changed ConnectionStrings.config file of the NopCommerce Application and still  was not able to connect to the new DB server
I called Godaddy and figured out that Database Mart is Providing me Database on Port 1087 and Godaddy doesn't allow to connect to other then port 80. So I have now no choice but to move the application hosting also on the Database Mart Server,Which i did and My application is working fine on DatabseMart server and I don't have to worry about DB Space also





No comments:

Post a Comment